Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

01 January, 2007

Punk Rock Monday: v.2007

I hope y'all had the New Year's Eve you desired. On to the all important business of the first post of the New Year, and more importantly, the first PRM of 2007!

Alice Donut occupied the role of the "loud & angry" band for a few years during college, and by "angry," I mean "fucked up." A lot of my friends absolutely hated this band, mostly for their lyrical content; their hallucinogenic tales of incest and redemption, domestic houses of horrors, and paranoid urban dystopias ran the gamut from "darkly humorous" to "hard to listen to." All of which was great when I needed to brood in my dark place. I'll still pull Mule out every now and again if I'm in a particularly bad mood.

"Mrs. Hayes" -


Apparently, Alice Donut has gotten back together recently. "Every Body's on Sale," from 2004:

Labels: