Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

30 December, 2006

So now that you've got my attention

I'm with pattyjoe here: John Edwards is saying the things I want to hear right now, especially his emphasis on movement building (which seems to be ripped right out of the Dean playbook). To that end, his appearances over the last few months have been geared to building such a movement; he's already sewn up the loyalties of a good chunk of rump-Big Labor and has been working some churches in a manner befitting of the civil rights activists of the 60s. The recanting of his Iraq vote does count for something with me (being the forgiving sort). Also, from what I hear, he's been staffing up from the ranks of organizations that have been working to rebuild the social movements of the Left for the last decade.

I'm also intrigued by the historical lens of which digby writes, with Obama/JFK and Edwards/RFK both offering intriguing possibilities. Of course, I'm left wondering where Hillary Clinton fits into this analogy. Hubert Humphrey?

Labels: , , , ,