Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

01 October, 2006

Oh, you all have caught me in a strange mood

Between the general ooginess that is my physical condition and the medication with which I'm treating said condition, I'm in quite the form this evening.

I spent a good chunk of my day minding ms. wobs nano-business down at the Saturday Market. Now while I may be a great many things, a great shopkeeper I am not. I especially don't move the fashion products so well. And since my general oogie feeling was keeping me from my book on Krakatoa (yes, I'm still reading it; after a while Winchester's digressions into "look-how-much-I-know" trivia make the book unreadable. Stick to the fire, brimstone, and aftermath - I don't need to know that some obscure colonial official made a name for himself as an expert on taratula poisonings!), I spent a great deal of time people watching. Today, ms. wobs had situated herself in something of a hippie district at the Saturday Market, right near the music stage. You'll just have to take my word that it's way different than the notably less-hippie and even non-hippie booths around the fountain block.

This is just my way of saying that I saw hella hippies today, which I enjoy.

Now what follows is coming from a person who has followed bands from coast-to-coast, who missed the last Grateful Dead show ever played because I got a sweet trade and would just catch a few weeks worth of shows in the fall. But I can also dance well; and that's not just me bullshitting. I can get credible sources to attest to this. And I gotta say, most hippie dancing is L-A-M-E. And I saw a lot of really bad hippie dancing today at the Saturday Market. I had my doubts about exposing pre-puking l'il wobs to it (he did seem to enjoy it).

I wanted to share the joy of hippie dancing with you, and was casting about the YouTube for something suitably lame, but instead came on this wonderful, bizarre set of incongruities that defies any sort of easy explanation. The description:
Hippie skinny guy, danced all night long. He is very animated. He's a good friend of the grooms, also possibly a big follower of this band
Nice set-up, right? Gary and Wayne lived in the dorms together. Gary still sells weed to supplement his pizza delivery income. Wayne is now climbing the corporate ladder at the local bank (he's moved up from teller to financial advisor!), found himself a lovely woman to settle down with, and still buys his weed from Gary. They've known each other for 10 years! Of course Gary's invited to the wedding! And guess what he brought for a weeding wedding present...?

Now, after watching Gary cut a rug like nobody's business (and make sure you make it through to his big finish), ask yourself this question: Who the hell hires a Grateful Dead cover band for their wedding?

And ez doesn't count.

Labels: