Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

19 August, 2007

Because it's Punk Rock Monday somewhere

I'm posting a little early tonight - an action-packed weekend has left me drained, and the work week promises to be eventful, so I'm calling it an early evening. So without further ado...

Mr. Bungle. I racked my brain trying to figure out some way to introduce this freak show that would do it justice. I'll have to settle with this story. In late fall of 1995, a group of college friends and I had eaten a copious amount of psilocybin mushrooms. We gathered in a friend's dorm room to listen to Disco Volante, which had recently been released. At one point, we spent a good seven or eight minutes listening really intently to the same snippet of music repeat over and over, and then another seven or eight minutes discussing whether the CD was skipping or if it was just Mr. Bungle being... well, Mr. Bungle. Turns out, it was skipping, but you never knew what to expect with this band.

"Slowly Growing Deaf" from 1989


"Desert Search for Techno Allah," circa 1995


And from 2000, "Ars Moriendi"


And as a special bonus treat, a flashback to the very first PRM evah.

Labels: