Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

22 August, 2006

I stand corrected

I must revise my previous statement on Madonna. She has not only joined the constellation of bizarro stars, she has outshone them:
“I can write the greatest songs and make the most fabulous films and be a fashion icon and conquer the world, but if there isn’t a world to conquer, what’s the point?” Madonna said, according to the paper. “I’ve just come to a place in my life where I’m trying to really see what the big picture is and where my energy is better spent, and that’s one area I’m really concerned about.”
Greatest songs? Most fabulous films? What did I tell you? Batshit insane.

Attendant with the belief that some huckster's holy H2O can rid us of nuclear waste comes an overly-inflated ego:
Madonna’s rep dismissed the story as old news, saying that the singer’s efforts occurred a few years back. “Better to talk about her current obsession — building an orphanage in [the AIDS ravaged African nation of] Malawi,” she noted, “kind of adopting an entire country.”
You hear that, motherfuckers? Madonna adopted a whole fucking country. I'm certainly not going to quibble with a person of means using their resources to help the least of us, and Malawi could certainly use the attention, but only a person with a paternalistic sense of noblesse oblige (or maybe the white man's burden?) - admittedly on the part of her PR flack - would refer to it as "adopting" a country?

Of course, Madonna is conquering the world, which may be why the Russian mob is after her...