Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

28 July, 2006

Memories of Hasselhoffs gone

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was a young kid - probably not more than 12, and it was a Saturday night ritual to run out the clock on bad TV until some show that I really wanted to watch came on (care to remind me what would've been on Saturday at 8 PM in the mid-80s?). We'd turn on the hit parade of Solid Gold, not so much to learn what musical excretions would garner the program's eponymous lustrous metal, but rather to gawk at the gyrations of the Solid Gold dancers (I, of course, being ravaged by the sudden advent of testosterone released by my endocrine system).

I feel pretty confident in asserting that at the time of his performance, it was not a hit, nor did it ever become a hit in this part of the world, but there he was, making his Solid Gold premiere, sans KITT, singing "Do You Love Me (Now that I Can Dance)."

I couldn't not watch. Even at 12 (or however old I was), I had the sense of a horrible wrong being committed. Little did I know how right wrong would eventually be.