Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

22 July, 2006

GTFF starts the dance party

I hate to brag, but...

In other goings on:
  • I didn't get my pic taken with the senior senator from Massachusetts (they changed the rules mid-game), but I did get a couple of snapshots of him before my batteries died. He gave a barnburner of a speech, and we can now count him as an AFT member.
  • The AFT is officially against terrorism.
  • Lots of non-controversial resolutions passed yesterday, nothing to write home about.
  • We had dinner with Our Man at the AFT in DC last night, and I think we may have driven him to drink.
  • The AFT rented out the Boston Public Library for a really swank reception last evening. Gorgeous building, but we had to pay for the drinks.
  • Drank way too much last night, but, as I alluded to above, I started the dance party to the really bad dj (he had no idea what we were talking about when we requested "Baby Got Back").
  • Runkle and I were tapped as t-shirt models. Seriously.