Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

27 July, 2006

Cultural rubber-necking

Ten days ago I unwittingly joined in on what has been a proliferation of all things Hasselhoff. And now that I've been involved in that sort of cultural buzz - unwittingly stumbling into it - why do I feel so compelled to keep track of the Hoff?

What's his allure?:
But don't write the big guy off yet. At 54 he's the star of another hit US show as a judge on Simon Cowell's latest reality TV contest America's Got Talent. (And you thought Paula Abdul judging a talent contest was ironic.) And to top it all he's set to star in an Australian musical about his own life.

David Hasselhoff - an extraordinary man of modest talent - Newsblog salutes you!
The man has a fucking musical written about him - that he's starring in! I mean, how can you not keep track of this man?