Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

15 June, 2006

Life is good

Wow. How often do you get to type a title like that and actually mean it?

First, great soccer matches on the tele today.

Second, I think I got my organizing groove back today, signing up four, count 'em, four new members in the office. A few years ago, I used to be able to have an organizing conversation without even thinking about it, but being away from that aspect of unionism for the past few years had made my chops a little rusty. Today, however, I definitely felt the old skills reinsinuating themselves.

The wee wobs and I harvested some yummy fresh kale for dinner, and we pulled about three pounds of ripe cherries off one of our trees. I think I've actually gotten all the cherries from this particular tree I can reach - the others are too high, so I'll leave them for the birds. Our other cherry tree looks like it'll be ready to harvest in about a week. I love the summer fruit season!

Finally, I got to spend a lovely evening with the enchanting ms. wobs. Now, if I can just get past this one last stack of grading, I'll be free from the shackles of academia for evermore!