Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

01 January, 2008

Happy 2008 (and a prediction)

I hope all of you had a festive New Year's Eve. In our little corner of the world, we had a traditional NYE feast of... erm, Indian takeout with some friends a let the rugrats play Lord of the Flies competing over not-so-scarce toy resources. Then, in the evening, ms. wobs and I ventured into the city for a swanky astro-party at a party promoters home, complete with all-you-can drink libations, swingin' djs, festive attire (it was, as I said, an astro-party - ms. wobs dressed up as a very hot Jane Jetson, and I went as Jupiter... the planet), and even people smoking (very bad, judging from the smell) weed (damn me and my standards, soon enough). We got home at an ungodly late hour, where I tried to drunk dial the West Coast to wish them a happy new year, but couldn't get a call to go through. So happy belated New Years, all!

And for a prediction: I've got an educated guess that John Edwards wins the Iowa Caucus. No inside information, just a working knowledge of how the caucuses work and a run through of the candidates endorsements. I won't wager a guess on what the win means down the road, just that he'll win it. Take it for what it's worth.

Labels: , ,