Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

05 November, 2007

(A late) Punk Rock Monday

You didn't have to be ugly (a la Joey, Deedee, Tommy and Johnny) to come out of the downtown punk scene in the late 70s and early 80s. In fact, you could be a downright hot punk rocker. So in honor of punk rock women and in remembrance of a time when MTV actually played music... ah, who the hell am I kidding. I'm showing you the Go-Gos because I want to see Jane Wiedlin rock the guitar. Because she's hot.

Bonus PRM fun fact: ms. wobs used to have an apartment in the East Village and lived in the unit above the Go-Gos original drummer. When we were staying there for a month in 2004, shortly after l'il wobs was born, said drummer listened to the same bad techno song, over and over and over...

"We Got the Beat" from 1981


"Our Lips Are Sealed" from 1990


And from 2001, a cover of "I Wanna Be Sedated"

Labels: