Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

22 October, 2007

Punk Rock Monday

Back in the 1920s, ragtime musicians boomed from dancehall to dancehall, singing bawdy tunes about plentiful booze, good cocaine, and loose, loose women. Before there was punk, the ragtime troubadours were punk as fuck. Flashing forward some eighty years, the Inkwell Rhythm Makers were my favorite band in Eugene (apologies to certain regular readers). It was always a joy to come upon them busking some street corner – at the Market, on 13th by the University, wherever. I hope you enjoy their old-timey punk sensibilities as much as I.

“You Ain’t Talkin’ to Me”


“Talking to Myself”


“Sindereller” (I particularly like the old-timey processing of the video here – nice touch!)


“Working at the Peanut Stand”

Labels: