Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

19 April, 2006

Tuesday nights can only mean one thing

Actually, they can mean any number of things. I was hoping that this particular Tuesday would've meant me seeing pattyjoe joining Dan and the Squids opening for Dinosaur Jr (I hope it was the experience of a lifetime, pj!), but alas, a horde of nostalgic gen Xers with more disposable income than I beat me to the punch. And even if I'd been on the ball (and financially endowed) enough to get tix a month ago when I should have, ms. wobs picked this evening to come down with a nasty case of something or other.

Sigh.

So it was another evening of not watching That Show. Here's the rundown:
  • Chris - Not so bad tonight. His version of "What a Wonderful World" didn't make me tear up like Armstrong's, but it was pretty solid, and I was happy not to be forced to endure another round of late-90s alterna-crap
  • Paris - 100% class
  • Taylor - The man brought it home at the end - Sam Cooke was a great choice
  • Elliot - You know, I really want to like Elliot. He's got great vocal chops, but it pains me to watch him "perform"
  • The Pickler - The only reason she stays after this performance is because she's so fucking charming, but even that act might be wearing a little thin
  • Ace - I didn't hate his performance tonight, and I think he makes it another week because of Pickler's botch and Elliot's lack of charisma
  • Katharine - She's no longer my sleeper candidate for the final two. She's in, barring a monumental meltdown. And I'm still in love with her
If I had to make a bet, it's going to be Ace, Elliot, and the Pickler in the bottom three, with Elliot making an exit.

Not that I was watching, of course.