Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

14 April, 2006

Long and winding

What a freakin' day. I'm exhausted, but my day ended on a high note, which is fortunate, given that I was stunned and infuriated by some pretty egregious examples of stupidity and short-sightedness today.

On the other hand, I had a blast hanging out with the wee wobs this afternoon. He's at the point in his development where he's stringing together 3 and 4 word phrases, almost to the point where we're having an actual conversation. So we sat out on our front stoop this afternoon, me sipping some water, and him enjoying his "fizhy wa-tuh" (seltzer), looking at the birds and airplanes overhead, pointing out flowers and trees, and generally smiling and giggling.

I then had to skedaddle back down to campus for a 5 PM discussion group (we didn't recruit enough facilitators this term, and I'm getting stuck with a group). It seems like a good group, and the fifty minutes flew by, which was nice - especially if you have to be on campus that late.

Then it was a quick swing by the GTFF office to say hi to the peeps stuffing envelopes (including a brief stint with the auto-tongue to seal the deal). It's always a delight to hang out with the kaleidescope of characters who seem to frequent our cozy space above the barber shop and Indian restaurant.

We ended the evening at a Passover seder, which turned out to be a blast, despite the wee wobs needing to be taken outside constantly (he's not so socialized yet with the party etiquette). I had no ideas that the Jews celebrated their escape from slavery in Egypt by drinking so much wine on so empty a stomach. Very good times.

And so that brings us here. And I think I'm going to call it a night with that.

Shalom!