Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

13 April, 2006

Dave asked for it...

My impressions of this week's installment of the show which we emphatically do not watch - where they had to perform songs by Queen (a marked improvement over last week's country theme):
  • Bucky - He made it this far by some combination of luck and the grace of goddesses, but obviously, that luck and good grace came to an end. But what a way to go out - "Fat Bottom Girls?" Fuck yeah!
  • Ace - The more I see of him, the more I dislike him. Good looks and mugging for the camera will only take you so far before people get sick of it and your whiny falsetto, and I won't be sad to see him go.
  • The Pickler - What was up with that lighting and makeup? With the backlight, she looked like a 43 year old trailer park mama with years of hard-drinkin' on her and a 2 pack-a-day habit. Yeesh. However, she pulled off "Bohemian Rhapsody" surprisingly well. Boo hiss, however, to the truncated arrangement. I need the Mama Mia part.
  • Chris - Technically, he's a great singer. However, I'm bored with his schtick. The world doesn't need yet another heart-on-their-sleeve post-grunge rocker. And I thought Creed sucked the first time around
  • Katharine McPhee - I'm in love with Katharine. She's my sleeper candidate for the final two.
  • Taylor - I also love Taylor's act. Didn't think he was over-the-top this week, and I wish they'd get back to a theme where he could pull out some of the 70's soul he does so well.
  • Elliot - I really dig his voice and style, but he has the stage presence of a half-dead carp. If he didn't look so fucking terrified every time he took the stage, I might be a bit more in his corner. As is... meh.
  • Paris - Singing Queen? WTF?
And there you have it, not that I'm watching of course.