Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

20 December, 2005

THIS is who they've been spying on?

From the New York Times:
Counterterrorism agents at the Federal Bureau of Investigation have conducted numerous surveillance and intelligence-gathering operations that involved, at least indirectly, groups active in causes as diverse as the environment, animal cruelty and poverty relief, newly disclosed agency records show.

Wait a minute. Weren't our enemies nefarious Islamofascists?
One F.B.I. document indicates that agents in Indianapolis planned to conduct surveillance as part of a "Vegan Community Project." Another document talks of the Catholic Workers group's "semi-communistic ideology." A third indicates the bureau's interest in determining the location of a protest over llama fur planned by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Uh oh. I have friends who are vegan. I e-mail folks every now and again at the St. John de Bosco Catholic Worker house in Eugene (and their ideology is fully anarchistic, rather than communistic, you FBI asshats!). And I like what PETA stands for, even if I find their activists to be a bit goofy. You don't think that they're... watching... me...? Ruh roh Raggy.

Well, if they are, they are. And a note to the CIA, NSA, FBI and whatever other acronymed agency that may be reading this: FUCK YOU for spying on United States' citizens!

[update 12/20/05 4:00 PM PST] Via AMERICAblog, I neglected to mention that apparently gay folks, especially gay law students, are also terrorist threats. Who knew the "homosexual agenda" was so maniacal?