Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

16 December, 2005

You've got to be fucking kidding me

Seriously - this is the epitome of incompetence:
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, America's most wanted man in Iraq, was arrested last year but released because his captors did not know who he was, an Iraqi government minister has claimed...
A US official quoted by CNN said US intelligence believed the report was "plausible".

Honestly, I can close my eyes and readily recall the face of al-Zarqawi - in a number of different hairstyles, even. And that's just from incidental contact with the media on a near-daily basis. I can't imagine how seared into my retina the image would be if I were involved in the actual manhunt.

War is hell. I can't blame anyone for letting public enemy to the Iraqi people #1 slip through the authorities fingers. But this little disclosure reveals how horribly confused the situation actually is in Iraq.