Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

23 July, 2007

The triumphant return of Punk Rock Monday

Hang the bunting and cue the fanfare! PRM is back! Or better yet, cue Killdozer!

Circa 1983, "River" and "Ed Gein!"


I was turned on to Killdozer in college by my friend Nathaniel, who let me know that their sludgy, swampy country-blues predated the murk of the Melvins by half a decade. Moreover, their (half-ironic) wallowing in working class anti-intellectualism served to take the edge of any other musical pretensions I might have had - despite the growing experimentalism in their mid-90s work. But I mostly appreciated them for being the quintessential "I'm having a shitty day so fuck you" band to blare out of your room when the mood was right - or wrong, as the case may be.

From 1995, "Knuckles the Dog (Who Helps People)"


And, from 1996, a cover of Neil Young's "Cinnamon Girl"

Labels: