Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

23 December, 2006

Blogger's block playlist: to the lovely #2

I still haven't resolved my issues with Wimpy's new random workings (really, it's not Wimpy, it's me). I was comfortable with the old Wimpy, and while the new Wimpy isn't bad, per se, it's different. It is more Mac-like, and while in-and-of-itself, that's not bad, I'm not really interested in having my computer to be more Mac-like. Had I wanted a Mac, I would've bought one two years ago, but I didn't. Not that there's anything wrong with Macs... I'm shutting up about this now - I have no particular allegiance to any particular OS, and if pressed, I'll just cop to being a Linux pirate.

Anyways, this non-random playlist is an homage to Track 2. Often in the shadow of the stage-setting opening track, and never, it seems, directly drawing the spotlight to itself, a well-placed Track 2 can be the difference between a good and great album:
  • Dear Prudence - the Beatles
  • Unconsciously Screamin' - the Flaming Lips
  • Pay No Mind (Snoozer) - Beck
  • Fat Mama - Herbie Hancock
  • Bodies - the Sex Pistols
  • Crosseyed and Painless - Talking Heads
  • Walkin' (For Your Love) - Widespread Panic
  • High Time - the Grateful Dead
  • I'm So Bored With the U.S.A. - the Clash
  • Pilgrimage - R.E.M.
And your bonus #11 #2:
  • Kamera - Wilco
Got any favorite #2s?

Labels: