Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

19 October, 2006

Sportstalk

  • I got to see the Mets tie up their serious with the ever-so-hated Cardinals tonight. What I especially loved was the surliness of the Shea crowd. Good stuff. Here's to the Mets finishing of the boys from St. Louis tomorrow evening. Unfortunately, I think the Mets (or the Cards, for that matter) will be toast against the Tigers - they've looked machine like in the division and championship series. The week off may dull them for Game One, but whoever they play, I'm betting on the Tigers in five games.
  • Barça looked a step slow against Chelsea this afternoon. When they're on, they're one of the funnest clubs to watch; when they're not... Chelsea played, well... like Chelsea: one goal and then treat the penalty box like a clown car, stuffing eight or more defenders inside every time the opposition moves the ball to that end. Frustrating, not so entertaining to watch, but damn effective.

Labels: