Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

27 October, 2006

Backhanded compliments

MSNBC lends their hard-hitting style to examining... Paul McCartney's divorce. Yeah, it's ugly, etc. etc. And while this fan is clearly standing up for Paul and his devotion to Linda, he may not exactly be hitting on a high point:
Steven Beer, an entertainment attorney in New York, falls into that camp. “I believe you can’t always accept what you read or hear,” says Beer, 47. “What we’re seeing here is just the negative gamesmanship that divorce brings. Maybe he had bad judgment in his choice of a partner, but in my mind, Paul McCartney continues to be a rock ’n’ roll icon with a positive character.

“He’s a responsible Dad,” Beer adds. “He doted on his wife Linda. He even put her in his band! What more could you want? He deserves a medal for that.”
I'm not sure whether that's an endorsement of Paul's loyalty and committment to Linda or an admission of how erm... awful Linda was in Wings (she's a photographer, folks!)... or maybe how "not good" Wings was...

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm going straight to hell for this.

Labels: ,