Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

14 September, 2006

Profiles in douchebaggery

Michael Savage has always fascinated me - he stands out as one of the most retrograde and bigoted members of the right-wing punditry, but chooses to live in "one of the bastions of lawlessness in this country," San Francisco. I dunno.

At any rate, he's been a barrel of monkeys of late. On Iraq:
SAVAGE: Well I got news for you, [caller], I'm the first to have said it, but I'm not the last to have said it. I said it a year ago. Maybe we should bring back Saddam, a Sunni, because he knows how to control the Shia.

CALLER: Yeah. Could be. And you got Syria --

SAVAGE: No. You can laugh all you want. He knew how to control them; he knew how to keep these maniacs under control. And he was also a counterbalance to Iran. This is a gigantic mistake. Something is wrong.
I'll let your head stop spinning for a moment. Done yet? Okay, I'll wait.

On the Senate:
Weren't we told before Barbara Boxer became a U.S. senator, before Dianne Feinstein became a U.S. senator, before Hillary Clinton became a U.S. senator, that when women became senators, we'd have a kinder, gentler Senate, a more compassionate Senate? Well, I think the results are quite clear. The Senate is not kinder and gentler or more compassionate. In fact, it's more vicious and more histrionic than ever, specifically because women have been injected into the Senate.
I don't suppose anyone pointed out to Señor Savage that the increased viciousness and histrionics of the Senate can be traced back to GOP ascendency? No? People like Rick Santorum? Nothing?

Huh.

Labels: