Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

05 June, 2006

Pwned!

Well, that was embarrassing. And I certainly deserved this.

Ouch.

I don't know what's more embarrassing, the fact that I was in such an addled condition (jet lag? too much booze and/or pot? weather too hot? forgot my meds?) that I missed the obvious satire (which I should have immediately noticed coming from someone with the pseudonym of Jon Swift), or the fact that given the state of conservative discourse over the last five years, I honestly believed that a conservative would be inspired to write this.

Seriously, after hearing that we've "turned the corner in Iraq" for the umpteenth time, or that "no one could have foreseen the levees failing in New Orleans," is it that much of a stretch to believe that the people who are buying that bill of goods think that "In The Navy" is a celebration of the military?

No, I know. I completely missed the joke. A red-faced doffing of the cap to Mr. Swift for ropin' a big ole dope.