Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

26 April, 2006

My-dol

The puns are only going to get worse as That Show builds up to the finale, but this week, I found myself looking for some sort of painkiller to relieve another boooooooring theme night (especially after last week's pretty entertaining standards theme). I mean really, love songs? I felt like I was watching the horrible music videos to late 80's crappy romance movies. Blech.

Anyways:
  • Kat - Purrrrrrrrrrrr. Even more in love with her now, but that's because of the wardrobe. I've never cared much for Whitney Houston, but she's got pipes, and it's hard to compete with the diva's diva. I didn't think Kat deserved the harsh criticism she got this evening, but it wasn't her best outing.
  • Elliot - He sounded great tonight (not make me cry great, but I apparently don't have the emotional sensibilities of a Paula Abdul), but again, he has no stage presence. If it were all about voice, he'd be a shoo-in. But I don't think I'd ever pay to see him perform. Of course, I wouldn't pay to see any of these people perform, but meh.
  • The Pickler - Fucking awful. And I've had enough of her dimfeeb act.
  • Paris - Again, 100% class, and a great performance. It just doesn't seem like she's completely found herself as a performer. Of course, when I was 17, I too was busy "finding" myself, if by "finding" you mean gobbling massive amounts of psychedelics and talking to trees.
  • Taylor - Meh. But I still like him.
  • Chris - Meh. But I'm still glad that I don't have to hear shitty post-grunge alterna-rock.
And does anyone else think that they should stop messing with Paula Abdul's medication before showtime? My god, she's getting to be fucking embarrassing.

Not that blogging about That Show isn't embarrassing. Heh.