Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

29 March, 2006

Positively Steinbeck-ian

We spent the morning at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row, flinging around money we don't have like it's nobody's business. Funny, but when I was reading this particular Steinbeck novel, I don't remember any mention of the kitschy, overpriced shops. Anyhoo, the wee wobs loved looking at the fish swimming around, and had a blast splashing around in the kiddie area. I've gotta say, this aquarium is all that it's cracked up to be.

So there was no drunk airport blogging. As I mentioned previously, I was watching the plane sit there, not leaving. Apparently it sat so long past its scheduled departure time, people begged to get off, freeing up a space for me (apparently a cranky and screaming wee wobs helped make some folks decision for them). So literally the second after I posted my last entry, they called my name and badda-bing, badda-boom, I'm on the plane. So, it all worked out, plus they had free beer on the flight (thank you Alaska Airlines!).

So we're staying with ms. wobs' father in Marina, CA, which has been pretty nice so far. I had to duck out and steal down to the Corporate Coffee Chain to filch a halfway decent cup of coffee and their wifi for a spell (which is emphatically not free!). Anyways, I'll try to check in with y'all again soon. Also, be prepared in a few days for some awfully cute pictures of the wee wobs!