Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

30 April, 2007

Flotsam and Jetsam

Holy crap, the past few days of my life have been busy, busy, busy, and there are no signs of things letting up soon. I'm just now beginning to grasp the enormity of the transcontinental move that is now only eight weeks away. I'm also beginning to come to terms with the fact that I'm leaving my home of 11 years, a place and people whom I've truly loved like no other. On top of that, I'm dealing with the fact that I'm now an "East Coast Professional," with all the good and bad that that entails.
  • I was in DC for the past few days getting trained up on the new job. It's going to take a few days to get my feet under me and get myself networked in to where I feel comfortable, but once I get in the groove, things should be pretty fun. I'll start work-blogging tomorrow, so if you get a chance (or are interested in the subject manner, as all of you academic and ex-academic types are), pop on over.

  • We had a yard sale this weekend. It's truly amazing how much money you can rake in by just slapping some of the crap from your garage onto a card table. We made about $200 for the weekend, and what didn't sell got taken to the Goodwill. Hooray for downsizing.

  • We went to see David Sedaris tonight with Dave and others. Hi-fucking-larious.

  • The ever-enchanting ms. wobs surprised me when I returned from my trip with tix to go see !!! on Tuesday. Me likey.

So there's my life in a nutshell. I'm going to try to get some consistent posting again around here, but adding new content will probably be an evening gig from here on out.

Labels: