Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

15 March, 2006

Wouldn't want him behind the wheel, much less running a war

I'm sure I'll get a few nasty looks about being ageist, but really, I don't think Donald Rumsfeld is all there. Via Crooks & Liars:
...I think until I've had a chance to think more about it and-and-uhh-I-I will say I don't think it'll look like-ahh- the United States's civil war.
Whaaaaaa?

Look, we've all seen elderly people behind the wheels of cars who, for whatever reason - physical impairment, the slowing of cognitive functions, whatever - shouldn't be there anymore. Given the fact that Donald Rumsfeld hasn't said anything that's made any sense or had any particular connection to the real world for the past three years, I think it might be time to take away his keys to the military machine. I mean, really - an Iraqi civil war won't look like the U.S. civil war? That's an answer from our top civilian at DoD?

My only fear is that Rummy will be replaced with Republican in Democrat's clothing, Joementum.