Talkin' trash to the garbage around me.

07 February, 2007

Who the Founders would endorse for president

And by "Founders" I mean Chuck Norris.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As a guest host on Fox's "Hannity & Colmes" a couple weeks ago, I made known my desire for Newt Gingrich to run for president, a prospect WND reported on a few years ago. Many since have asked me, "Why Newt?" In short, because despite personal past shortcomings, I believe Newt is a Republican as they used to be and, even more, meets the criteria established by men of old, evidenced in his books, "Rediscovering God in America" and "Winning the Future." He's by no means a perfect man or candidate, but I think one of few true conservative Republicans remaining. I don't condone his indiscretions of the past, but, as with other leaders even in Scripture, I also don't condemn him from ever running for an office again because of them.

In an age where the left are going right and the right going left, we need someone at the helm of our country who holds to old-fashioned values but can still lead into a bold new age. I believe Newt or someone like him could fit the bill. At this point, I'd love to see him run. And if not? I'll be measuring the candidates by "Our Founders' recommendations for president."

What the hell? "The left are going right and the right are going left?" I believe that somewhere, buried in this tortured prose, Walker, Texas Ranger endorsed Newt Gingrich for president.

Seriously, Chuck Norris wrote this long exegesis about how the Founders (and by "Founders" I mean one well-connected, post-Revolutionary preacher) were solidly behind the idea of only electing good Christian men. And according to the criteria that Colt's got figured out for himself, Newt seems to fit the bill.

Huh.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chuck Norris is so going to kick my ass.

Labels: , ,

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home